One fact with which we all agree is that all major industries are facing skill crunch where the even the top most companies are unable to find the kind of talent or caliber they look for. Our interactions with the hiring managers have shown that through a typical recruitment process they are able to find good pool of potential candidate but still a lot has to be changed to bring on the Best Candidate in an efficient way and time.
But figuring out what has to be changed is still needs more understanding and debate.
Some of the areas which I feel can be focused to change the Recruitment Process.
- The Big Change: we stress that we need make the Big Technology change. Agreed that we have been able to make a huge transformation by bringing data management on cloud and improvising on the processes through technology. But now what actually is required is bringing in Stakeholder Engagement and Communication on a common platform. We need to build direct interactions with the potential candidates where more than their resumes their past performance and future potential can speak. The recruitment consultants can evaluate candidates on not just resumes but what the candidate actually holds. So we have to think of a technological change that can bring in direct and live interface between the stakeholders
- Tell your story: Nothing sells more than a story. We all somewhere or the other love a story where we picture ourselves in that story. Similarly even for a job potential candidates must be shown how this specific story is meant for them. We need a mindset change from “I need a job” to “we need you” whenever we are competing for top talent. Whenever candidates are coming for the interview the hiring managers should tell them the story why they will be perfect for the job and how their skills can be essential.
- Look for permutation and combination: Try out for new type of skills and experience that they think can click and bring our desired results. We may always not succeed 100% but definitely can increase our success bracket. A whole new ingredient can change a dish taste so why not testing the new skills.
- All about building relations: Recruitment is known to be a People industry where every day we build relations. So the focus should be on building these relations as the best relations. We need to start defining what we want from our customer experience be it client or candidate. This will definitely improve the mindset and can further define our SWOT Analysis.
- Data Analysis: The industry holds the real time data of people with their past history. So we in the industry domain should think of utilizing this data for better evaluation. The data present with the industry is still un-utilized to a large extent and the industry is still figuring the best possible ways to utilize the data to the maximum.