“A diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.”
- Sundar Pichai
Consciously or unconsciously during hiring we become bias. Our very basic nature as human restricts us to be subjective and we are on a continuous lookout for process which makes us diversity inclusive. Here artificial intelligence and robotic process have come to a great rescue where innovations talking about unbiased candidate sourcing, screening and first level of interview are now a common practice used by hiring managers.
Why Diversity Inclusive Workplace
Several research across the globe reveals that biases withdrawn from the hiring process can actually lead to great results within companies performances.
- Glassdoor research found that 67% of job seekers said a diverse workforce is important when considering job offers.
- McKinsey’s research shows that racially and ethnically diverse companies outperform industry norms by 35%.
- Boston Consulting Group (BCG) research shows that companies that have more diverse management teams have 19% higher revenue.
Hence more and more organization are investing in machine based algorithms and rationals so as to drive the best candidates from the diverse candidate pool.
How Artificial Intelligence Helps
- The processing tools used during hiring gives weightage to skills present in a candidate than appearance, ethnicity, age and gender. They bring out the best results that aligns with companies and job position expectations.
- Not just skillset but location, experience, educational qualification and salary package among others are accurately picked up by the mathematical process so that turn around time of hiring potential candidate is largely reduced and better calculative points are assigned to each candidate.
- Candidate ranking makes it easy for the recruiter to understand which candidate holds higher penetration into the job than any other. The first level of compatibility and non-compatibility of any candidate is assessed even before the candidate is reached.
- These analysis also reveal the kind of talent pool available in market and how companies need to strategize their efforts towards best people decisions.
- A robotic based interaction with the candidate eases the expectation from both the candidate’s and recruiter’s end where both get an understanding what the job is all about and once integrated how will the candidate perform.