Learning culture is a new trend within the corporate environment which is increasingly being accepted across the globe by leading players and organizations. There are new technologies and corporate trends that are evolving at a steady rate which influence market and industry condition in a significant manner. Keeping the workforce informed about the same is essential to make and implement strategic decisions that not only conceptualize the path for future growth but also have an important impact on the present conditions. In order to understand the intricate details of learning culture, the need for the same is to be understood.
- It helps in developing the morale of the employees and keeps them motivated for performing their best in the functionalities they are employed. It grows a sense of satisfaction among the workforce.
- It augments staff retention to a considerable extent and lowers the cost related to repeated recruitment. An individual tends to stay with an organization when he or she has the chance to grow in terms of knowledge base to a certain extent. This approach contributes to that cause.
- Organizational development, both internal and external, is positively influenced by learning culture. It aids in keeping the objectives in line with the work practices.
- Appreciation, creative contribution and expression of ideas and interests are encouraged through learning. This tends to ease out any unwanted and withdrawn attitude which might otherwise impact the work culture.
- It helps in keeping up with the latest trends and industry changes which give competitive edge to a company.
- The productivity capacity is increased to a significant extent through this tool.
- It is a profitable method of ROI or Return on Investment.
- It influences the three important pillars of an organization which are people, process and services.
- It aids in indentifying the problem areas related to production and execution which can be revived.
- Along the similar lines it is also helpful in keeping a close eye on the service quality and mark a significant corporate growth.
With all these benefits, there are certain steps that need to be followed to implement learning culture within the organization.
- A training and development plan needs to be chalked out in a detailed manner before starting the actual process. This planning phase should include the current standpoint of the company and areas of improvement.
- The employees who take part in the learning process should be recognized and appreciated for the effort as it boosts the motivation and productivity levels simultaneously.
- There should be an effective feedback system in place in the form of sessions and polls that help in understanding the impact of the training program along with issues that need to be addressed.
- Through this initiative, internal promotion and hiring can be facilitated. Increasing the knowledge base of an employee increases the potential and productivity which can be utilized for senior roles.
- Lastly, the learning system should be formally implemented in accordance to the employee orientation and business needs.