Learning culture is a new trend within the corporate environment which is increasingly being accepted across the globe by leading players and organizations. There are new technologies and corporate trends that are evolving at a steady rate which influence market and industry condition in a significant manner. Keeping the workforce informed about the same is essential to make and implement strategic decisions that not only conceptualize the path for future growth but also have an important impact on the present conditions. In order to understand the intricate details of learning culture, the need for the same is to be understood.
- It helps in developing the morale of the employees and keeps them motivated for performing their best in the functionalities they are employed. It grows a sense of satisfaction among the workforce.
- It augments staff retention to a considerable extent and lowers the cost related to repeated recruitment. An individual tends to stay with an organization when he or she has the chance to grow in terms of knowledge base to a certain extent. This approach contributes to that cause.
- Organizational development, both internal and external, is positively influenced by learning culture. It aids in keeping the objectives in line with the work practices.
- Appreciation, creative contribution and expression of ideas and interests are encouraged through learning. This tends to ease out any unwanted and withdrawn attitude which might otherwise impact the work culture.
- It helps in keeping up with the latest trends and industry changes which give competitive edge to a company.
- The productivity capacity is increased to a significant extent through this tool.
- It is a profitable method of ROI or Return on Investment.
- It influences the three important pillars of an organization which are people, process and services.
- It aids in indentifying the problem areas related to production and execution which can be revived.
- Along the similar lines it is also helpful in keeping a close eye on the service quality and mark a significant corporate growth.
With all these benefits, there are certain steps that need to be followed to implement learning culture within the organization.
- A training and development plan needs to be chalked out in a detailed manner before starting the actual process. This planning phase should include the current standpoint of the company and areas of improvement.
- The employees who take part in the learning process should be recognized and appreciated for the effort as it boosts the motivation and productivity levels simultaneously.
- There should be an effective feedback system in place in the form of sessions and polls that help in understanding the impact of the training program along with issues that need to be addressed.
- Through this initiative, internal promotion and hiring can be facilitated. Increasing the knowledge base of an employee increases the potential and productivity which can be utilized for senior roles.
- Lastly, the learning system should be formally implemented in accordance to the employee orientation and business needs.
According to published sources in the first quarter of 2016, India marked an expansion of 7.3% GDP in the last quarter of 2015. This development has made the country as one of the fastest growing economies in the world. This has been a positive impact as the GDP increase has been significant compared 6.6% during last quarter of 2014. On the other hand, China’s GDP has slipped by 6.8% during last quarter of 2015. Hence investors have been turning their interests towards various sectors of India. There are several factors which have influenced this development on a large scale.
- One of the primary factors contributing to this fast paced growth is attributed to the fact that India is a net importer of oil and decrease in oil prices have resulted in bringing down the inflation to a great extent.
- India has a population of 1.2 billion, of which 50% consists of people within the age group of 25 years. By 2020, it is expected to be one of the youngest population countries in the world which is likely to serve as an advantage to the consumer and tech companies. At the same time, China is struggling with the aging population and a slower fertility rate.
- Political and legal framework in terms of reforms has been positive towards country growth as a whole.
With all these positive scenarios, there are certain sectors which are likely to become the highest employment zones between 2016 and 2020.
- The frontier in this regard will be the Information technology sector. It has contributed to the rapid transformation of Indian economy. It is expected that the industry will reach USD 225 billion by 2020 with an employee count of 30 million during the same period. The outsourcing segment in this industry is also likely to reach USD 2.5 billion. The payment structure is anticipated to be the highest in this sector.
- The telecom industry is next in line in this regard. Currently, the mobile phone subscription count of India passed 1 billion at the beginning of 2016. Moreover, the smartphone penetration rate is 26.3%. These statistics show a significant growth of this industry which is expected to continue in the coming five years.
- Healthcare segment is one of rising stars of employment that contributes significantly to India’s GDP. More than 40 million jobs are expected in this segment in the coming five years. Medical tourism is on the rise in India and domestic market potential looks eminent.
- Infrastructure segment is the fourth largest in the country and has been accounted for as second fastest growing industry. Though this segment is highly fragmented it is expected to register a growth rate of 7% to 10% in the coming years boosting employment.
- The last but definitely not the least is the retail segment. 100% FDI, online e-commerce, mobile payments and convenience has worked towards its steady development. The projection says that the workforce in this segment is expected to double up by 2020.
The Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) is currently one of the most sought after job role across organization and companies in various industries and domains. The CSO is an executive, who is involved with the assistance of the Chief Executive Officer or CEO in the development, communication, execution and sustenance of various strategic business objectives and processes. The responsibilities of the CSO are as follows.
- One of the prime roles of a CSO is communication and implementation of business strategies in a systematic manner both internally and externally. This involves the workforce, partners, stakeholders and other supportive people or service providers who are associated with the changes and the process.
- He is responsible for initiating and driving the decision making process that influences the short and long terms business development and growth.
- He is responsible for indentifying the key strategic areas that require certain alterations and reforms in accordance to the industry trends and devices a strategic plan along the similar lines.
- The effective monitoring and execution of the strategic planning is performed by him.
- The inception phase is considered one of the most intricate and important stage of implementation of strategic initiatives. A CSO looks after this phase and helps in its successful completion.
- In case of implementation of certain policies and strategies external assistance is essential. A CSO decides the level of assistance and introduces the same according to the need.
- Team management associated with the strategic implementation is handled by the CSO.
With all these responsibilities that are directed at various directions, there are four main categories of CSO.
- The internal consultant is associated with the formulation of the strategic initiatives.
- The specialist brings in certain skill sets that are not present within the organization.
- Coach is responsible for providing information to the strategy builders and facilitating communication within teams and outside according to the need.
- Change agents are the facilitators of the strategy and extensively involved in the implementation phase.
Since, there are various types of job roles involved in the CSO profile, there are certain pointers to be kept in mind while recruiting in this position.
- The CSO types forming the internal consultant as well as the coach are mainly associated with the organizational processes and internal communication. Hence, it is better to recruit someone within the system who has been associated with the organization for longer duration and knows the processes in and out.
- On the other hand, specialist and change agents require certain skill sets that are mainly absent within the present structure. Hence, in these cases, it is better to hire from outside.
- One of the basic qualities which should be extensively tested for a CSO role is the problem solving ability and crisis management. It is crucial as it determines company standpoint in relation to the ever changing market and industry trends.
- Lastly, looking in to achievements related to critical condition handling and team management are also significant criteria to look for.
Outplacement services are relatively new addition to the HR services segment in the corporate arena. While there are many HR consultancies which offer this service, many companies are yet not clear about the service and its importance. Outplacement services refer to the career and stress counselling services provided by the company to it’s laid off employees due to a business cause. Many times there arises a scenario wherein a business segment becomes redundant due to change in strategies or decrease in profit margins. Whatever may be the reason, it leads to mass layoff of an employee segment. This scenario is extremely sensitive as there may be some employees who have been associated with the brand for a very long period of time and grow an emotional attachment to the organization. It also creates an unwanted panic wave among the existing employees which harms the productivity. Outplacement services are an answer to such sensitive situations. GlobalHunt India Pvt Ltd as a leading HR service provider has designed its Outplacement Services in such a manner where the employees during the initial phase of lay off are provided with counselling sessions and career building sessions to keep them boosted. Moreover, our recruitment process is highly technology driven which makes the job placement much faster.
It has to be kept in mind that employees are the major source of company growth and providing career assistance and stress management counselling to the terminated employees solidifies the base of a healthy relationship. It reduces unwanted friction between the management and the terminated employees to a certain extent.
- It reduces the unemployment rate to a definite extent. Advises on career opportunities and job search helps in finding alternative opportunities faster. It proves to be a better offering than just a severance pay as we all know that employees have other needs too.
- It helps in protecting liabilities and maintaining corporate responsibilities. It ensures a smoother transition which minimizes the risk of legal actions.
- The current employees feel assured regarding the management and their employer which aids in maintaining their productivity and eliminates unnecessary panic environment.
- Lastly, the word regarding the service might get out in the market at some point of time which preserves the brand image in a positive way. If the company needs to hire again after some time, then it is easy and effective.
Therefore, there is a lot more to outplacement than just career assistance to terminated employees. This service can be implemented in certain innovative ways.
- Now is the age of mobility. Right from online purchases to entertainment and even job search is done on mobile. Statistics reveal that around 68% job seekers look for employment on their mobile multiple times in a week. Hence, it is likely to be true about the terminated employees as well. So, it is better to provide the service over mobile platform as well. It adds to the flexibility of using the service on the go.
- Relocation assistance is another way of aiding the terminated employee for a better opportunity. It showcases the employer commitment in a brilliant manner. However, this service depends on the budget and needs to be well planned before execution.
- Lastly, promoting alumni services along with the outplacement service is valuable towards yielding better positive results. Displaced employees connect to the relevant alumni and can get better job search assistance and logical references.
The success of a company’s objectives is determined by its workforce, management board and corporate culture. The highlight that is making rounds in the global corporate arena is that baby boomers or the generation X are on the brink of retirement. This opens up the opportunity for millennial or the generation Y to take over management responsibilities. While there are certain concerns regarding their style of management and strategic planning, the segment is the best source of potential leaders. Also coincidentally, new professionals from this generation are looking for leadership roles than just a comfortable desk job with a hefty compensation. They want to utilize their pattern of innovative thinking for creative decision making.
Many a times, during normal recruiting process GlobalHunt India Pvt Ltd recruiting consultants also face situations where candidates are not ready to comprise on their leadership responsibilities which a new job may not provide. So it becomes essential to scrutinize such capabilities to recruit and manage such potential leaders for company’s long term growth. There are certain ways of doing so.
- Employee performance tracking is essential towards analysing the growth. But the analysis of potential leaders demands more. One needs to look ahead of the performance criteria. Analyses of behavioural pattern, problem solving ability, overall potential are some of the pointers to look out for. These criteria makes a leader stand out in the crowd of normal employees.
- The level of engagement is a good way to detect leadership abilities. Looking in to career growth at the company’s growth is one of the qualities. If an employee makes relevant and proactive suggestions towards project sub processes and betterment of functionality, then he or she can be groomed in to an effective leader.
- There are individuals within companies who do not wait for the proceedings to happen just to follow them over. They suggest measures and ideas towards a new project or work flow instead of sitting at meetings waiting for instructions. This is a major step towards identification.
- Potential leaders have a sense of belonging or accountability. They take responsibility for the actions whether it is a failure or a glitch. They try to fix the errors. It is a positive pointer towards leadership. However, if an employee constantly blames others for any error or refuses to take responsibility then it is better to stay away.
- The ability to multitask is one of the most lucrative abilities to look out for in a potential leader. If a person has the ability to manage two to three tasks at the same time or has equal involvement in multiple projects which he or she juggles with ease and performs simultaneously then, the person is a natural leader in coming years.
- Emotional intelligence is a slightly higher level parameter in this regard. Ability of working within a team, extending helping hand towards understanding and tasks to fellow workers, building up inter-team relations and some of the intricate abilities of a potential leader.
- Lastly, communication skills are the basic stand point. Even if a person has great ideas and management skills, he or she would not be able to deliver those, if communication skills are lacking. Hence, it is considered one of the basic criteria of a leader.
With overall changes in the economic and business contours the role of Human Resource is also rapidly evolving with market dynamics. The market trends tend to influence the processes of HR significantly wherein the demand and supply, available skill sets, compensation parameters, strategies for adoption are crucially defined by the market. Therefore, it is crucial to involve the HR in strategy planning so as to maintain workforce related matters in line with business needs and vice versa. With constant changes in the market the role of HR consultants becomes imperative to suggest candidates that can partner in growth.
At GlobalHunt, we understand the need of the hour where businesses are required to align their operations with its People calibre and potential. Hence, GlobalHunt India Pvt Ltd as a leading HR Consulting organization has been playing an instrumental role in building diversity for its clients by providing the Talent that is best suited for their growth. Our team of consultants work as a subject matter experts where they understand the values and culture of clients but also define the qualities of an ideal candidate which he or she must possess to fit the business role.
Our search consultants understands that HR domain is no longer existing in an exclusive space which is implicating traditional role of payroll management, employee engagement and culture, on-boarding and paperwork. Rather, in contemporary times HR experts are included in the business strategy meets to discuss and develop products and services that can gain consumer attention.
The HR domain largely revolves around PEOPLE where people behaviour holds an important place. The new workforce culture focuses more on building an overall employees and consumer brand which caters the demand of consumers and is known for employee’s satisfaction. Thus, these days the HR process is becoming a two way process where behaviour management of both employees and consumers is becoming important. Our consultants work towards forwarding the brand values to the new candidates for better results.
Cyber security has been a key concern influencing market dynamics. Consumers are concerned over trusting brands in terms of personal data while choosing the services. Brands have been investing heavily towards protecting consumer data in order to strengthen customer base and attract fresh ones. While this is the outside scenario, similar issues concern within the organization as well. HR consultants need to advice and guide employees towards understanding cyber attacks and data thefts and educate them to protect sensitive information which might affect business goals if in wrong hands.
Understanding market dynamics with respect to talent availability is essential for the recruitment process. One of the important situation at hand for most brands is that generation x or baby boomers are on the stage of retirement in the coming years. Hence the millennial generation need to take over across managerial and leadership roles. HR consultants need to understand the market conditions and propose candidates who can take over the reins after proper knowledge sharing and guidance. Similarly, new technologies are coming up quite frequently. Hiring professionals who can adapt to such changes and deliver accordingly is crucial for business growth and crisis management. There are other factors like problem solving abilities, creativity, team work and soft skills to look in to as well.
The growing market complexity, diverse consumer expectations, geo-political dynamics and the changing workforce etc are enormously affecting they businesses work. Businesses vision has gone wider with time and apart from mere earning profits they want to excel on the scale of customer satisfaction, create an environment of learning & development, thinking over the edge to mitigate its challenges.
However, in this entire scenario the need for good calibre People have remained consistent. The search for People with right talent has grown with time to lead businesses in crucial times. Thus, to manage the growing demand, HR industry is evolving technologically for workforce management and branding demand
Being a leading HR Consultancy and Advisory organization GlobalHunt India Pvt Ltd through its internal research lists down certain technologies which are increasing adopted and implemented in the HR processes in current times.
- Talent Analytics has become one of the most popular tools of HR segment now days. It refers to the prediction of employee performance, attrition and cost with the application of statistics and technology to large people related data sets. This helps in making better strategic planning and decisions for the company. The major benefit of talent analytics lie in finding the right candidate for particular job profiles. Understanding the knowledge gap within an organization, chalking out the right profiles to hire, short listing and selecting the right candidates while making it cost and time effective at the same time is the true essence of talent analytics. Some of the market best talent management software includes Synergita, Kenexa, Cornerstone Talent management and such like.
- Cloud Computing is another technology that is revolutionizing HR segment in recent times. It has been contributing significantly towards productivity of employees and strategic planning. It helps in gaining faster access to innovation. It has differentiated itself from on-premise software in an effective way as it provides software release updates automatically. It is one of the simplest technologies used until now. Furthermore it is very flexible which allows remodelling quite easily providing the benefits of in-premise software. Some of the cloud computing software are Oracle Taleo Cloud service, Datis, UltiPro and such like.
- Human Resources Management System (HRMS) is the ultimate of all the HR based technology innovations of all times. It can be defined as the systems and processes in between the human resource management and information technology. HRMS is the merger of basic HR activities and IT. It is an all round system that encloses recruitment and retention, management and administration, HR planning, knowledge management through learning, analytics, feedback and communication management and employee self service promotion. It also handles certain repetitive backend process like payroll management, attendance tracking, time sheet management and so on. These processes unlike recent times took a lot of time, effort and resources. But now these have been automated to minimize errors and increase efficiency. Patriot Payroll, JobDiva, Bullhorn Staffing and Recruiting Software, ApplicantStack are to name a few of popular HRMS software.
The technology innovation is producing to be quite cost effective and efficient wherein they are reducing time and energy to manage big data.
Human Resource and Talent Acquisition forms the most essential part of an organization’s function. While organization use sourcing avenues like Employee Referral, Job Portals, Recruiting Agencies to find suitable Talent, the latest trend is hiring through social media. The current trends in digital recruitment marketing reinforce the idea that candidates have to be on major social media channels like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. This is, however, a trend that might not last long. Looking for jobs or candidates on what are considered alternative social media networks might yield better results.
There is really high competition for finding your company or you as a candidate on major social media networks as everyone else is there. Especially for tech-savvy or specialist roles in your industry, going to specific networks is a better plan. As far as Indian context is concern, there are multiple views presented by experts about which particular platform is actually leading the way but one thing is for sure, “Social Media Recruitment” has actually taken off and Indians have accepted this with open hearts. What favors the use of social media in Indian context is the personalization factor which is the crux of communication through social media channels.
Considering the other end of horizon, even job seekers have understood the importance of social media in getting new jobs. Social media tools and social networking sites have revolutionized communication methods, both privately and increasingly, at work.
Communication through social media involves the use of an online platform or website (a social networking site) that enables people to communicate, usually for a social purpose, through a variety of services, most of which are web-based and offer opportunities for people to interact over the internet, e.g. via e-mail and ‘instant messaging’ (a form of real-time, direct text-based communication between two or more people using personal computers or other devices).
The Benefits of Using Social Media in Hiring
Candidate Quality – Those who frequently use social networks may be the highly desirable “early adopters”. This source may identify higher-quality candidates (including those who are more technically savvy and innovative). Note: The simple act of listing the primary source (that generated the resume) on the top corner of every resume will, over time, educate hiring managers and eventually lead them to shift their recruiting efforts toward sources that appear most frequently on their short list.
Hidden Candidates – The perfect candidates for your position may not be actively looking for a new job. Networking through social media can help to identify qualified candidates who cannot be found or successfully messaged using other sources.
Candidate Diversity – Social media may assist in identifying a higher percentage of qualified diverse candidates in managerial and professional jobs.
Cost per hire — The recruiting-related transactional costs can be significantly lower compared to other sources.
Employer Brand – Social media sites increase your visibility as an employer and significantly improves your leading-edge employer brand image among targeted prospects (even if the image-building it doesn’t result in immediate applications).